Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 2 mo. old baby sleeping 7 hours, should I pump at night?

Default 2 mo. old baby sleeping 7 hours, should I pump at night?

i am exclusively pumping and usually pump about every 4 -5 hrs. my baby has been waking up about once a night (for feeding) after sleeping 3 - 5 hrs. last night he slept for 7 hours straight... if this continues, should i wake myself up to pump during the night, even if he is sleeping through it? i don't want to lose my milk supply but don't want to wake up unnecessarily either... i need all the sleep i can get. btw, my baby is almost 2 months old if that makes a difference... thanks for input...

@llli*emama is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: 2 mo. old baby sleeping 7 hours, should I pump at night?

my baby is the same age and actually slept for 7-8 hours the other night as well. how weird. anyway, i was thinking the same thing - that it might be good to pump but once i'm asleep, i'm asleep and nothing will wake me except a screaming baby. even my husband has problems getting me to wake up.

since you're pumping exclusively, it might be a good idea to maybe wake up after five hours whether your LO is awake or not. i think it you're actually BFing, your breasts adjust to the LO's schedule (not sure about that) but i don't know if they respond to the pump in the same way. maybe try it and see what happens? i find that i'm experimenting a lot in this way. sorry not to be of much help...