Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm totally new to this and have a ?

Default I'm totally new to this and have a ?

I am currently pregnant w/ my 3rd child. I bottle fed the 1st two, but want to breastfeed this go round. I have small A cup breasts. Will that be a problem for me breastfeeding. I am a SAHM and plan to breastfeed exclusivley if I can. I also plan to have a pump because I am self concious of others seeing my breasts in public. Hopefully I can overcome that. But my main concern is my small breasts. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: I'm totally new to this and have a ?

and CONGRATS on making the decision to give your lo the BEST start in life! First and foremost, YOU CAN DO THIS!! The size of your breasts does not make a difference if making milk. The only thing it means is the quantity of milk your breasts will be able to hold at a time. You might find that your lo wants to nurse more often (than a larger breasted woman) bc you may not have as much milk stored at a time. You can still breastfeed, just follow the baby's cues. Nurse on demand and watch output and you will do great!! When are you due?
    Betsy
    mama to:
    N 5/03
    J 6/07

The previous poster is indeed correct. (Says the formerly A cup gal ) While nursing I'm a b/c

Stick around here and we'll have you all set up just in time for the baby's arrival. Also - if you can go to an LLL meeting before baby comes, that'd be a great bonus for you, as well! (links for finding one in my signature )
    Last edited by Number3; August 29th, 2007 at 01:11 PM.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Can a small penis get you pregnant???? Of course you can breastfeed! You have come to the right place - welcome aboard!

Start asking questions and reading now...and remember if you are not sure, just ask!

See you around the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by raline View Post
    Can a small penis get you pregnant???? Of course you can breastfeed! You have come to the right place - welcome aboard!

Start asking questions and reading now...and remember if you are not sure, just ask!

See you around the forums!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

My boobs are teeny tiny too (A cuppers) and I have had ZERO problems breastfeeding and with milk supply. Your best bet in succeeding at breastfeeding is becoming informed before the baby arrives. This forum and site will provide you with so much info! And I HIGHLY recommend the book "Breastfeeding Made Simple". It was my "breast" friend during the first couple of months (corny, I know)! They have it on amazon.com or Barnes and Nobles too!
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

Thanks Ladies! I had read that I'd be able to bf and that breast size didn't matter but was second guessing myself. I'm sure I'll be asking a ton of questions over the next months. I"m not due until April but have been reading everything that I can get my hands on.

Thanks again!!!

I highly recommend Dr. Sears Breastfeeding book and his baby book as well...oh yeah, and his Birth book too!

You definitely can, and this is the place to be if you need help!!

Size has nothing to do with how much milk you can produce. So don't even worry about that..

I asked many questions while pregnant on this site. So look at the threads I posted. You may have a lot of the same questions.

Nursing in public will become easier once you get the hang of it. I own a hooter hider and use it sometimes, but other times I do it without out. You don't have to flash your boob to do a good job breastfeeding...so remember that
    Mom to Colin Robert - Born on January 28, 2007

Check out my website:
    www.nycbreastfeeding.com