Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Question

Default Question

I have a 3 year old who was breastfed till he weaned himself....well at least that is what I thought. He ended up having allergies but after a month of not breastfeeding I tried to get him to nurse again and he refused. Anyway, he did have allergies and they finally got him on meds for those and I wish I would have pumped but didn't. He ended up starting to get ear infections ALL the time. They ended up putting tubes in his hears. Fast forward till now and even with tubes still in his ears he gets ear infections. My question is I have a 7 month old so I definately have milk. Would it be of any good to give my older son breastmilk in a cup or mix it with cows milk? DO you think that this would help his allergies and everything else? Just wondering.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot I couldn't decide if I should put it here or somewhere else.

Thanks in advance for replys

Default Re: Question

I'm not an expert by any means, but if you have enough I don't see how it could hurt to give your three year old some breast milk. I have heard of lots of people who nurse toddlers while they nurse a baby. I hope the ear infections get better!

I have tons of milk and if I pump after baby eats I know it will be ok. I was jsut htinking of the benefits and giving him some in a cup. Does anyone know how much he should be getting at his age?

do you have him on cows milk now?
    I had some cousins that had ear infections like crazy and their mom took them off milk and they went away over night.
    IF he will drink it give it to him.

He drank it today for lunch!!! He has been on cows milk and milk allergies do run in my family. That is why I want desperately to breastfeed my little one as long as I can. But anyway he did take drink it today and did not complain at all.