Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Won't nurse on Boppy anymore

Default Won't nurse on Boppy anymore

Has anyone experienced this? My 5 mo. lo won't nurse on the Boppy anymore, often doesn't even like me to hold her in the cradle position. Sometimes the only way I can get her to nurse is laying on the bed. Needless to say this isn't an option if we are out and about, she will pull away and cry and go hungry. It's been very frustrating. Any suggestions or insight into this behavior?????

Default Re: Won't nurse on Boppy anymore

Our Boppy only lasted about 3 months. DD is 5 (and a half) months now. Most of the time she likes to nurse sitting on my lap. I am short and she is long so this works for us. We have NIP issues now just because she is so distracted by everything around her. I try to find a quiet dressing room or I go to the car when she needs to eat but can't concentrate.

The boppy was short lived for us as well using it for bfing. Now I use it to prop dd up on the ground when we play or let her lean against it on her tummy!
    Jackie

"Breastfeeding is an unsentimental metaphor for how love works, in a way. You don't decide how much and how deeply to love--you respond to the beloved, and give with joy exactly as much as they want."
    ~ Marni Jackson"

Quote Originally Posted by SidneysMom View Post
    The boppy was short lived for us as well using it for bfing. Now I use it to prop dd up on the ground when we play or let her lean against it on her tummy!
    our dd's share a birthday! wow what a weight gain! mine came out 7lb12oz but weighs in at 12! congratulations she must be a champion eater

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenzi's Mama View Post
    our dd's share a birthday! wow what a weight gain! mine came out 7lb12oz but weighs in at 12! congratulations she must be a champion eater

We should start a first week of June 2007 club! There are a few others out there that were born that week too! She is definately a champion eater- she's mastered the art of feeding from a huge OS! One of the reasons we grew out of the boppy was because she got so long and I'm only 5'3" so now she sits on the bed or chair in front of me and has been for almost a month!
    Jackie

"Breastfeeding is an unsentimental metaphor for how love works, in a way. You don't decide how much and how deeply to love--you respond to the beloved, and give with joy exactly as much as they want."
    ~ Marni Jackson"

I don't have any suggestions but I want to tell u that u r not alone. I am having the same problem too. My lo is almost 5 mo and she has been doing this for a month now. I think it started when I nursed her laying down on the bed ... she liked it so much that now she wants to nurse like that only. Yes its very frustrating ... wonder what goes on in the minds of these babies.

You could always sell the boppy on ebay!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Wow! My LO ONLY wants to eat on the boppy! We have troubles with NIP adn I have often thought, if only they could come out with a portable boppy (like inflatable or something!) we would do much better! Of course NIP has been a challenge lately, he is 4 months and is WAY too distracted and just cries and flails around, causing me to flash away!