Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sleepy with solids...?

Question Sleepy with solids...?

My LO is 8 months now. We are basically doing the baby led thing, I guess you could say, with a few exceptions. This past week, he has just gobbled up everything I have given him.

He was eating just a few handfuls/bites of whatever solid food we were 'trying'. Now he's taking in amounts the size of a 2.5 oz baby food jar, sometimes almost twice that, at mealtime. (breakfast, lunch, dinner) He still nurses about every 4 hours, (except at night) so I know he's still getting plenty of BM.

But I'm concerned because I have noticed a change in his sleeping pattern. It used to be that I could not get him to nap for anything. Now he's taking 2-3 naps a day, some lasting 3 hours! Has this happened to anyone else? Is it normal? Should I let him sleep this much?

Default Re: Sleepy with solids...?

bump

maybe hes just growing and thats why he is sleeping so much.
    its hard to figure out sometimes

I think that's normal. My daughter took 2 naps a day that lasted hours when she was younger. Now, my son sometimes takes long naps too. Yesterday, he took a 4 hour long nap on top of a couple of hour long naps plus he slept 9 hours last night. He's 5 months old.

Their sleeping patterns do change very often. I think it's normal.
    Caylen Koen Chew (25/05/06)
    Lost No.2 in Aug 2008 ... Lost No. 3 in May 2009 Hoping for another ... Enjoying No.1