Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: NOt wanting to nurse or drink bottle

Default NOt wanting to nurse or drink bottle

Okay I have a 3 month old and today she has not wanted to eat much!! Since about 3:30 this afternoon she has not wanted to nurse or eat a bottle. At 7:30 I finally got her to nurse enough to fall asleep after I put a little baby orajel on her gums. Is this normal? I always worry when she doesn;t eat!! She pooped once today and has about 6-7 wets. I hate to worry but she usually eats every 1.5 to 2 hours! Maybe could her teething and be congested (on antihestimine and decongestant) be causing her not want to eat????

Default Re: NOt wanting to nurse or drink bottle

Quote Originally Posted by hundley View Post
    Okay I have a 3 month old and today she has not wanted to eat much!! Since about 3:30 this afternoon she has not wanted to nurse or eat a bottle. At 7:30 I finally got her to nurse enough to fall asleep after I put a little baby orajel on her gums. Is this normal? I always worry when she doesn;t eat!! She pooped once today and has about 6-7 wets. I hate to worry but she usually eats every 1.5 to 2 hours! Maybe could her teething and be congested (on antihestimine and decongestant) be causing her not want to eat????
    Wow, that sounds just like my LO. The past few days, she only really eats in the morning and before bed. It is so weird, it just started happening out of the blue. She will act hungry and root around on her hand and make her hungry sounds, but she refuses the breast, a bottle and the pacifier. But she will still cry and fuss as though she is hungry. Usually I can get her to nurse for a couple minutes, or take a couple oz from a bottle after awhile of struggling, but then she just goes to sleep and the process starts all over again within the hour. I have no idea what is causing it though. Hopefully it is just a phase and she goes back to eating normally soon!