Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Conference--CHATS!

Default Virtual Conference--CHATS!

Can't make it to the conference? You can chat with some of the chat speakers right from your home computer!

www.breastfeedingchat.com

The schedule is as follows (all times are CDT):

Sunday

9:45am: Jennifer Hicks (Hirkani's Daughters: Scaling Modern Mountains to Combine Breastfeeding and Working)

11:45am: Jake Marcus, Esq. (Breastfeeding and the Law: Nursing in Public, Employment, Jury Duty, Custody, and Visitation Issues)

*12:45pm: Ina May Gaskin, MA, CPM (It Takes A Family To Have A Baby: A Pioneer In Natural Childbirth Shares Her Insights)

3:15pm: Kathleen Kendall-Tackett, PhD, IBCLC (A New Paradigm for Depression in Postpartum Mothers: Complementary and Alternative Treatment Approaches)

4:15pm: Linda J. Smith, BSE, FACCE, IBCLC (Winning at birth: Priorities for Childbirth and Breastfeeding)

6:15pm: Brian Palmer, DDS (The Importance of the Delivery System of Breastfeeding: Including how Bottle-Feeding and Pacifier Use May Lead to Poor Sleep, Childhood Enuresis, Snoring and Sleep Apnea in Adults)

Monday

9:30am: Mary Sheedy Kurcinka (Sleepless in America: Is Your Child Misbehaving or Missing Sleep?)

10:45am: Jeffrey Smith, M.B.A. (You're Eating What? Stop Eating Genetically Engineered Foods)

12:15pm: Karen Gromada, MSN, RN, IBCLC (Mothering Multiples: Breastfeeding and Caring for Twins or More)

1:15pm: W. Bradford Wilcox, PhD (Vive la difference: Gender Differences in Parenting and The Difference Dads Make)

*2:45pm: Peter Hartmann, BRurSC, PhD (New Research on the Anatomy of the Lactating Breast and Implications for Practice)

4:00pm: Kittie Frantz, RN, CPNP-PC (Breastfeeding Techniques That work Including Baby Self Attachment)

5:45pm: Nancy Mohrbacher, IBCLC (Breastfeeding made simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers)

*Unconfirmed

For a list of conference speakers and topics, go here:
    http://www.lalecheleague.org/07conf/speakers.html

For chat instructions, go here:
    http://www.llli.org/07conf/chats.html

Special thanks to the Fairfax family and Fairfax Consultancy for their generous donation of the conference chat software, as well as their time.
    Last edited by LLL_Jolie; July 22nd, 2007 at 01:14 AM. Reason: To add LIVE link! :)

Default Re: Virtual Conference--CHATS!

The chat link is available now.

neat thanks jolie

Next chat is at 2:30, with Chele Marmet (you may have heard of the Marmet technique of manual expression--she invented that!).

Chat lobby is open now, come and try it out! Lots of folks to chat with.

are times based on eastern time zone
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!

Cool Chat Room
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!

my computer doesnt support Java...im bummed I tried.

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Come join us!!!

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

This may be a dumb question, but will a log of the chat be available later?

I really want to be in on the PPD chat, but I have an unavoidable meeting at that time 70 miles away from my computer I would like to read what's talked about, if it's available.

I am on a veterinary message board, and we have chats with experts periodically. The chats get logged, and people can download them later to read.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I love the chat room.... can't wait for some of the chats--- sleepless in america