Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: treating back/neck pain while breasrfeeding - biofreeze?

Default treating back/neck pain while breasrfeeding - biofreeze?

I hurt my back and neck a couple of weeks ago and have been in a lot of pain.

I am seeing a chiropractor, but in the meantime, I really need something to help me deal with the pain. I have taken Tylenol and Iboprofen on and off, and those do help a little, but I am uneasy taking any medication on such a regular basis (atleast two times a day, in order to really help). My chiropractor also gave me some biofreeze gel. He said that it was OK to use while breastfeeding, but I just want to be sure.

So my question is this...do I just need to chill out and take the Ibuprofen twice a day (is it really not a big deal?), is it OK to use the Biofreeze? and does anyone else have any other suggestions on safe ways to deal with neck pain?

Thanks a ton. I am having a really hard time dealing with the pain and taking care of two kids! I need some relief fast!

Emily

Default Re: treating back/neck pain while breasrfeeding - biofreeze?

I don't know about the Biofreeze, but I do know that Ibuprofen is safe to take. In the hospital they were giving me 800mg as needed or every 3-4 hours.

Try heat and ice on your neck as well.

~*Allee*~

Damon 8/5/99 Heaven 7/24/01 Jasmine 7/20/07

Default Re: treating back/neck pain while breasrfeeding - biofreeze?

I was wondering the same thing about Biofreeze the other day. I went to go use it and saw it said to ask doctor if BFing so I didn't use it.