Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Back to all milk?

Default Back to all milk?

My LO is 9.5 months. She was really enjoying solids in addition to nursing and all of the sudden seems to have very little interest in them. For example, yesterday, we were together all day and she only had a few bites of sweet potato and nursed. How can I tell if she is getting enough? Her poo looks almost like it did when she was nursing exclusively--pale yellow--but has fewer lumps. She is teething and changing classes at daycare, so I thought maybe that was impacting her interest in solids. Anyone else have this happen? Should I be concerned?

Default Re: Back to all milk?

My 12 month old DD seems to be starting to get disinterested in solids also, but loves yogurt or the minigos (cheese and fruit thingys that are like yogurt) I think its teething cause the cold foods seem to make her feel better. She seems to be nurising more also. Is your little one nursing more then she usually does when she is eating solids? if so I would not worry. If not as long as she is eating and not droping weight I wouldn't worry. If she is nursing less or has less dirty and wet diapers then normal I might get the Dr. to check her out but as long as she is not dehydrated and is nursing I'd give it a few days before I'd go and see my DR.

One thing my DD loves is the TUBES (yogurt in a tube) or the apple sauce in a tube I freeze it and then let it thaw a bit and give it to her to eat. Its like a freezie without all the sugar. Its a little messy and you have to watch that they don't eat too much and get a brain freeze but it seems to help her teething pain.
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.

Don't worry! Your milk is enough for your baby up to the age of 1. My pediatrician told me that up till one year, solids are just for experimentation with new tastes and textures and new oral motor skills. If your baby is hungry, she will let you know!

Well, it seems like it must have been teething and a response to changes at school (we were transitioning to the next classroom). I kept an eye on the number of wet and dirty diapers, but she seemed to do fine with mostly nursing. Sometimes I worry that I'm too slow about introducing solids and when she stoped eating them much at all, I began to worry. She's been more receptive since yesterday, so I'll just keep trying! Thanks for the great feedback!

Hi

Yeah I would put it down to teething, Brooke is nearly 11 months and when she's teething she hardly touches her solids (all she will eat is yoghurt and stewed apple during her teething times), and she doesn't drink as much milk.

We used to get really upset about it, but now we know that it will pass and she'll eat her regular foods when she's feeling better (can't blame them really).

Brooke also getting runny poos when she's teething.