Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Happy 1st Birthday Claire and question

Talking Happy 1st Birthday Claire and question

I made it to one year.. WOO HOO my DD is one TODAY. I can't beleive how fast it flew by. My original goal was one year but now I think I'll go longer.

My question is I want to be pregnant again in Jan or Feb so will I still be able to BF. Can I do a combination of the two (ie BM morning and night Homo milk (full fat milk) during the day)? What has worked for others on here?

So Happy Birthday Sweet baby Girl.
    Last edited by Claires Mama; August 27th, 2007 at 10:18 AM. Reason: I found some answers on a previous post
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.

Default Re: Happy 1st Birthday Claire and question

Happy birthday, Claire, and congrats on one year of BFing!!!
    You can bf while pregnant but it is more likely than not that your milk supply will diminish while pregnant.
    My DD started getting some cow's milk after 12 mos. She drinks organic cow or soy milk. She was still BFing several times per day/night at 12 months. She is now down to 1-2 times Bfing per day. That is my experience. So yes you can do some BM and some cow's milk.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Happy Birthday, Claire!!! Great job to both of you on BF this long! Not sure on pregnancy stuff, but I wanted to wish you a happy birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAIRE
    Jenn SAHM and carseat to

DD 5 years old , nursed till just shy of 3 yrs old

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone, its been a great day. I think I'll keep up the BF and may introduce the cows milk once and a while, mixed with BM so she has some exsposure incase I get preggers earlier then planned at least I'll know if she'll accept it and she has no allergies. Until then I'll keep up the BF.

Thanks for the encouragment!
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.

Yay!! Happy Bday!!! You can still breastfeed, just be aware that the pregnancy hormones can alter the taste of your bm.
    Betsy
    mama to:
    N 5/03
    J 6/07

Yeah! I'm glad you're going strong!

My lo eats cereal with cow's milk and will occasionally drink some cow's milk from a cup. He nurses twice a day (he'd go for more, but I think that's a good place for us) and I'm pregnant. I'm only 8.5 weeks, but so far no problem. Sometimes it's a little sore but I can usually readjust us, but have occasionally had to end the comfort sucking part of the session. He's upset but gets over it.
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.