Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Blister

Default Blister

Hey, all...does a milk blister on end of a nip cause pain? Just trying to figure out if that's what this thing is...and if that's what is uncomfortable during latch-on is.....

thanks!

Mommy to Aidan and Kaitlyn (09/12/02) and to Anderson (07/04/07)

Default Re: Blister

Yup, nipple blisters can be very painful. Just nurse as much as possible, and apply moist heat when you can.

i also have one to right now on my right nipple... I guess we hit problem after problem!

I have had both, painful and non. To get rid of the painful ones I nurse right after showering while the skin is still moist. You might also try a different position for holding the baby. that seems to always work for me. Good luck!!!

I have one right now along with some clogged ducts. It hurts really bad to nurse, but I think that's about the only thing you can do to get rid of both so I've been nursing my baby every 2 hours, around the clock. Hoping it'll go away soon.

i think it popped. I did a sterile needle jab 2 days ago....noticed today that it seems to have gone, little scab now. still hurts a bit

Mommy to Aidan and Kaitlyn (09/12/02) and to Anderson (07/04/07)