Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13 Months - How Much?

Default Re: 13 Months - How Much?

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingPrisms View Post
    Wow! Connor eats so much more than this!! However, he's always been "underweight", whatever that means. He'll eat a few ping pong balls worth of meat in one sitting, 1/2 cup of fruit (or more! I hate it when my mom give him too much fruit! He wont eat anything else), a few ping pong balls for pasta and waaaaay more than 2 dice worth of cheese!!

Eat likes a kid, not a toddler!
    Enjoy it... in a few years we'll be begging them to eat. I hope I don't turn into a "bargainer" - ie. eat 3 more bites and then blah, blah, blah. DH hates that!

Quote Originally Posted by fergie830 View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much at 13 mo. We just had this discussion at our last LLL meeting. Sometimes they are preventing themselves from food allergies. Do you have any in your family? If she's still nursing and happy I wouldn't worry about it yet! Just keep offering healthy options and let her decide...
    Interesting about the allergies. I always thought she was pacing herself, so...

Quote Originally Posted by kali's mom View Post
    Wow, that really puts serving size into perspective! I think that Kali does eat a pretty fair amount, according to these comparisons! Maybe not every meal, but definitely once a day. Thanks!
    Thanks Lynn.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingPrisms View Post
    Wow! Connor eats so much more than this!! However, he's always been "underweight", whatever that means. He'll eat a few ping pong balls worth of meat in one sitting, 1/2 cup of fruit (or more! I hate it when my mom give him too much fruit! He wont eat anything else), a few ping pong balls for pasta and waaaaay more than 2 dice worth of cheese!!

Eat likes a kid, not a toddler!
    Yep. Audrey eats like a pig. I feed her as long as she asks for it.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetiejo5 View Post
    Yep. Audrey eats like a pig. I feed her as long as she asks for it.
    I wish Kali ate like that!

Sam doesn't eat much at any one time (except he'd eat his body weight in fruit if we let him ) but he is snacking pretty much all day long. He recently learned the sign for eat / food which certainly helps. I generally try not to worry and make sure that the snacks / food we offer are healthy. I think that over the course of a day he actually eats quite alot.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Quote Originally Posted by kali's mom View Post
    I wish Kali ate like that!
    Isn't it a funny thing? Kali is such a sweet little chunk too and I am constantly getting a lecture from the doc about how tiny she is. She eats a lot and she eats all day too. Now that she can say "bite" when she is hungry it is definitely the word she uses most.

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetiejo5 View Post
    Now that she can say "bite" when she is hungry it is definitely the word she uses most.
    Adorable! I can't wait til Kali starts to use real words!

I think the most important thing is that a parent allows her child to eat what she needs. Babies/kids know what their bodies need and will eat accordingly. So long as we offer our children healthy choices in a good variety, they will eat what they need. (wow those past 3 sentences sound pretty redundant!) I really believe this. It is important to allow this at an early age so as a child gets older they continue to self-moderate their food intake. For example, my DS Jacob (3 yo) ate a TON of turkey this evening. It's the first time he's eaten meat in a few days however. He was only interested in fruits/veggies and milk the past few days. I offer him meats, dairy, fruits/veggies, and some sort of carb at every meal still. Same w/ my DD - they eat what their bodies need. I WISH I was like this . . . save me some extra pounds IYKWIM

As for the slimming down - as babies get more mobile, and ESPECIALLY once they start walking/running, they really do slim down. Jacob was a SUPER chunk (27 lbs at 1 yo), and at his 3 year check up this week he was 34 lbs . . . super healthy and thriving, just slimmed

HTH!! I'm far from expert, but this is just my experience w/ solid feeding 2 kids.