Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Green poops?

elliesmom is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Green poops?

My 3-month old has had green poops for about 3 days now. She's also very fussy, not sleeping well, and a little congested. Could she just have a cold? She doesn't have a fever. I don't think it's a hindmilk/foremilk imbalance because she usually only eats on one side/feeding (helps her reflux a little). She's also been spitting up a lot more than usual, so she's hungry and eating constantly too. Any ideas?

Default Re: Green poops?

Quote Originally Posted by elliesmom
    She's also very fussy, not sleeping well, and a little congested. She's also been spitting up a lot more than usual, so she's hungry and eating constantly too. Any ideas?
    I was told that the spitting up could be related to the congestion. sometimes they swallow the mucous which is hard to digest and that causes them to spit up.

i hope she feels better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by elliesmom
    My 3-month old has had green poops for about 3 days now. She's also very fussy, not sleeping well, and a little congested. Could she just have a cold? She doesn't have a fever. I don't think it's a hindmilk/foremilk imbalance because she usually only eats on one side/feeding (helps her reflux a little). She's also been spitting up a lot more than usual, so she's hungry and eating constantly too. Any ideas?
    might be a "phase" as my 3.5mo DS has been going through the same thing.

has your diet changed any new foods or alot of something that you have ate before?

If she's got a little congestion, fussy and not sleeping well, it sound like a regular cold. Every time either of my kids would get a cold, the virus would almost instantly turn their stools green. It should go away as the baby gets over the cold. Most colds run their course in 7-10 days.
    Tanya, LLL Leader and Mama to three wonderful kids