Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do while pumping?

Default Re: What do you do while pumping?

Quote Originally Posted by VAmom View Post
    I get on this forum. But I also try to drink a lot of water, to replenish what I'm losing.
    Me too!

I find it so hard to relax..... Sometimes I get 3oz and the next time only
    1/2 oz....

I have looked at pictures, imagined milk flowing, and even held baby...is there another trick I am missing?
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Where I work we have a small pump room. There are annoucements (meetings, classes, etc) on the wall and even though I have read them a thousand times I read them again. Anything to get my mind to relax and not focus on how much I am pumping out. It seems the more I focus on how much is coming out and my let down, the less that comes out and the slower my let down. I either look at pics of LO or just sit and think about as little as possible.

I have Avent Isis hand pump and a small conference room with a door lock where I pump. At first, I used to sit and pump, but found myself concentrating too much on how much I was pumping. Now, I get up and pace around the room. I just kinda let my mind zone while I walk around.

I usually get on this site when I'm pumping. I have pretty small breasts, so I can just let the bottles rest on my legs and the pump stays on me. I don't even have to use a hands free bra! It's great. It helps pass the time, and I'm not concentrating on how long it's been or how much output I've had.

i eat a snack and get on this forum- it keeps my mind off the fact that my nipples are being pulled thru plastic tubes!!!

Ok so i was so tired yesterday, I actually fell asleep pumping... I notice becaused it seemed so much louder, the pump was just resting on my tummy...hehehe....
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

I just sit and pump. Sometimes I doze, particularly at the midnight and 4 am sessions. My breasts are just too big for me to try a hands-free bra. I don't think it'd work very well.

But then I usually pump for a few minutes, hand express a few moments, to break free any pores, pump for a few minutes, hand express... etc.
    Momma to K 05/24/07 (due 05/31/07)
    Momma to I, 06/04/10 VBAC'd (due 05/31/10). Read about it here

Exclusive Pumper to first for 18 months.
    I got my VBAC!

Struggling with nursing but one way or another breast milk is all they get.

Quote Originally Posted by babygurl View Post
    Ok so i was so tired yesterday, I actually fell asleep pumping... I notice becaused it seemed so much louder, the pump was just resting on my tummy...hehehe....

My posture seems to factor in quite a bit. Even if I'm not that relaxed if I try to arrange my body so it's relaxed it helps, for me that's sholders down, arms like I'm holding the twins in football hold, and my head tilted back a little. I felt so awful the other day, my milk didn't let down for Jules quickly and I got it to let down by picturing how I pump at work! I spend waaaay too much time pumping.