Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do while pumping?

Default What do you do while pumping?

I am going back to work Mon and I will be pumping...they have a room for women to pump in, but I may go to my car. But for those of you that are already pumping at work, what do you do while you are pumping? I know I should be thinking about baby, but not sure what else to do?
    I have a Medela Swing (single) and right now I am holding it while pumping...I haven't tried sittling it on a table...that maybe akward..
    TIA
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Default Re: What do you do while pumping?

Even though I'm still at home, I've had to pump many times due to some problems with my lo's latch and my extremely sore nipples. When she is sleeping and I am pumping I take the opportunity to relax for a little while and do some of the stuff that I don't get to do much when she is awake (i.e. read a bit or check this site and write back to e-mails.) I created my own "horn holding bra" by cutting holes in an older bra so I can be hands free. I've found that it's also the perfect time to have a little snack and drink a lot of water.

Relax. That's it. If I do anything else I have a hard time with my let down. I use it as my time to meditate & take a break.

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

set up on a counter, take out my picts of Mason, turn on my tunes, take a deep breath and sometimes sing in my head "just keep pumping, just keep pumping" (ala dori from finding nimo).

Listen to my iPod and try not to obsess about amounts.

I have the swing too and I love it, lucky for you it will fit in your purse (if you have a big mom purse like me ) and the battery option is nice too - that makes you really mobile. take pics of your babe and try to relax. I would say create a ritual and make it something to look forward to!

I get on this forum. But I also try to drink a lot of water, to replenish what I'm losing.
    for 1-1/2 years...and still going!

I pump in my office at work, so I have pics of my lo all around. While I'm pumping, I either surf the net or crochet. If I'm very busy, I've worked through pumping a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by ykelly1 View Post
    I pump in my office at work, so I have pics of my lo all around. While I'm pumping, I either surf the net or crochet. If I'm very busy, I've worked through pumping a few times.
    That's got to be an interesting site!!

Raline, do you hold your pump the whole time?

I have pics of my lo and it helped the last time...
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Yes I hold the pump, I have not found a way to do it otherwise...think of is as making yourself take a break!