Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping at work for 2 yr old

Default Pumping at work for 2 yr old

Hi Everyone!
    I am usually a full time working mom but about 3 weeks ago, I was fired, but it's all good b/c it finally got me out of my terrible job and I found a way better one that starts in a month! ( although, now it's really sad in a way, b/c I feel I was meant to stay at home my daughter and it's hard to think about end of this month....)
    Anway, my question is, I was pumping before, first 3 times/day, then once as she got a little older. Now, I don't know if I should or need to pump during the day. What are other nursing mom's of 2yr olds doing at work? Do you find your child still needs the milk during the day, or do you just wait until you get home?
    I guess, ultimatley, I'll end up doing whatever Autumn seems to want/need, but I'd really love to hear what other mom's are doing.
    Thanks for any input!

Default Re: Pumping at work for 2 yr old

My ds is 18mo and I've been pumping 3x a day. He's milk allergic so we don't do anything else to drink except water and juice. I reallllly want to cut back my pumping but am afraid my supply will dip if I do. I've heard your body adjusts, and I know from my experience on the weekends, that it DOES produce more milk in the PM than the AM hours b/c my guy drinks alot of milk at night.

Anyone else dump the pump at this stage?

I stopped about 2 months ago. I was terrified to stop, since I had experience supply issues during the first year. There hasn't been any ill effects from not pumping.

I do go home everyday at lunch and nurse.

I think you should match the pumping to your dc's nursing patterns. For example, if your dc is usually nursing 5 times during the time you're at work, you will probably still need to nurse. But if dc would only nursing once or not at during the time you'll be away, you can stop pumping.

I pumped for DD until she was 2 years 5 months and she started saying, "no momma milk at school today", I knew then it was over. I feared that my supply would go away, but here we are 5 months later and still nursing. She will be 3 in November, and DH really says its time to stop, I don't mind, but it is really starting to effect us so DD and I have been talking about it.

ITs cute now when she is nursing and hears Daddy's truck she says "hide em momma daddy is home"

My son is 12 mths old and I have stopped pumping for him on the days I go to school. He just has cows milk from a cup and I nurse in the AM and PM. On the days I am home with him he nurses all day. I seem to be making milk according to his needs. Good for you for still pumping! If you do decide to stop pumping I think your milk supply will adjust.