Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: DP going for BLS!!

Default DP going for BLS!!

DS is 3 MO today and we're already looking forward to starting solids at 6 months. I figured since BLS was kind'a different than what people are used to I should start to break DP's barriers about it.

At first he was like, uh no Lisa why would we do that? And we've had hours upon hours of conversations about it and last night he said he was willing to try it. I think we're going to start with the softer foods- avocados, bananas, etc. until we kind'a get the hang of it. I'm also going to take an infant CPR class because I am totally freaked out over the choking thing.

I wanted to thank everyone about all the good information on here regarding BLS because its kind'a going to be part of our guideline when we start.

Also, I'm going to see what our Pedi says about it. Anyone else ever ask their Pedi and get any good/bad feedback? Will he even know what I'm talking about?
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Default Re: DP going for BLS!!

most doctors get thier info from gerber!
    don't let him or her discorage you.

My doc was all about it. In fact, before I brought it up she told me I didn't need to give cereal or even start solids any time soon, though she warned me that many babies who are not introduced to solids by 7 months lose interest and won't regain it until after at least 12 months. Anyway, feel your ped out and see how s/he reacts. Just be aware (like the pp said) some of them are old school about it.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_ohio View Post
    most doctors get thier info from gerber!
    don't let him or her discorage you.

I won't but I think he will go for it. They are such pro-BF'ing docs and they are very adamant about absolutely no solids until 6 MO. We'll see!!!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

its your baby you can feed them what you like...
    some kids at 6 months are getting pop in their bottle and cookies.
    Going the healthy way against the croud is sometimes hard.

My doctor pushed solids with my last two babies...
    it went something like this
    Well baby is 4 months old they can have rice cereal
    And I said "well I guess they could"

With my 2nd she didn't push so hard because she knew I wasn't going to listen.
    This was the same doctor that pushed the cio at 4 months also
    you know a baby at that ages doesn't need to nurse at night its just a bad habbit they have....
    I'm glad you have a beter doctor!