Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Chronic Plugged Ducts

Question Chronic Plugged Ducts

I missed a feeding last Friday evening while my somewhat pushy MIL made me leave LO. He had a bottle but I didn't pump/feed for about 6 hours. I got a plugged duct that was super painful but finally got rid of it the next morning. Now I have seemed to get plugged ducts in every other side just about every day since. They haven't gotten as bad as that first one because I have luckily been able to get rid of them before they got that bad but today this one is stubborn. I took a warm shower, put on a heating pad, massaged, pumped, nursed, etc., and now I am at work with a large, painful lump. Can someone suggest anything else? I am so afraid of mastitis because I can't afford to miss work!

What is causing them to keep forming? The one missed feeding a week ago has been the only change in my day to day schedule.

Default Re: Chronic Plugged Ducts

there is some good info on kelly moms on what to do....
    Next time I would just tell her look I cann't miss a feeding because I will get a plugged duct and its not worth it.
    mils are a pain!
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...-mastitis.html

Has anyone used the Lecithin and had it help?

IVe personly not but lots of moms here have maybe one will chime in.
    It does get beter as baby gets older!

Yes, I've used Lecithin! It works well for me. Go to Kellymom or www.drjacknewman.com to find out why it works and how much you should take. I've struggled w/ plugged ducts too.. Another thing that has helped me is olive oil compress. I soak a piece of papertowel in olive oil and wear it in my bra (use breast pad so you don't ruin your bra). It seems to relieve the plug pretty quickly!