Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ? Tracking feedings, wet diapers, & stools

Default ? Tracking feedings, wet diapers, & stools

Hello,
    I once had a sheet that had a way to track the first few days of breastfeeding with feedings, wet diapers and stools. I can't find it anymore and would love to find a replacement. Does anyone have one or know where I can find such a doc. online?
    Thanks,
    Alicia

Default Re: ? Tracking feedings, wet diapers, & stools

http://kellymom.com/store/freehandouts/index.html
    its the one that says, breastfeeding log, first 2 weeks
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

i just wrote down every time that i fed and the side i started on, then i would make a column for wet and for poopey and then put a tick down in the appropriate column...
    keep up your hard work. dont get worried or stressed!

I bought small notebooks and would put the day at the top of the page (left side) and on the right would have three columns (wet, stool, both). I would write down the time I started bf, left or right side, and the minutes for each side & whether or not the diaper was wet/dirty. I would just mark the other wet/dirty diapers on the right side. It was really easy to keep up w/everything that way for me (I actually just stopped writing everything down & DD is over 2 years old ). The notebook thing works good for when you're starting solids too, that way you can write down each food that your lo tries & have a log to refer back to in case of any allergies. HTH!!
    Mommy to Mary Louise, born 6/28/05, Self weaned at 2 years and 2 months

Mommy to Craig Isaac, born February 16, 2008, Self weaned 3 years and 4 months
    parttime

IMO, the best way to track wet diapers and stools is to put a stack of 6-8 diapers at your changing station and use those diapers at every diaper change that takes place at home. That is the way I do it and I find it much easier then writing it down.

Quote Originally Posted by mommy2kayla View Post
    IMO, the best way to track wet diapers and stools is to put a stack of 6-8 diapers at your changing station and use those diapers at every diaper change that takes place at home. That is the way I do it and I find it much easier then writing it down.
    Good idea!!
    Betsy
    mama to:
    N 5/03
    J 6/07

@llli*emama is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

We keep track of our LOs doings on a pad of paper with columns for:
    -date
    -time
    -feeding (how much/long)
    -wet diapers
    -dirty diapers
    -bath
    -weight

It's actually been very helpful to have all that info at a glance especially since sometimes the days run together and I wouldn't remember on my own. Also, sometimes our LO goes through days where she does nothing but eat and then some days where she does nothing but sleep. It's interesting to track those patterns.