Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Avent Isis IQ

Default Avent Isis IQ

I have been using the Avent Isis manual pump at work and I wanted to spend less time pumping so I could get back to work faster. So I bought the new electric Isis IQ but it seems like it isn't working for me. I can't get a let down and I took 10 minutes on one side and just got an ounce out. Am I not using it correctly? Can someone give me some advice or does it not work at all???

Default Re: Avent Isis IQ

How long have you had it? Perhaps, your body just needs to get used to the new machine. Good luck!

I have a manual and the IQ as well.

I prefer the IQ.

However.... I find that I need to use it on manual for about 10-12 pumps before the milk starts flowing, and only then do I switch it to electronic. I also havent tried yet doing double sided at the same time. I do one side, and then the other. I might try double sided next week as I am taking 30 minutes to pump each session.

I just got it this week and used it for only two days. I read the instructions and made sure it is assembled correctly. I just end up changing it back to manual once I get completely frustrated. I don't feel much suction, could it be that it might not be working correctly?

I was taking 30 minutes each session and would only get 4 ounces so I was hoping the IQ Uno would be faster.

I have used a electric madela pump. I liked it. I think if I worked I would get a duel. I will need to get a new one when I have my next because the motor only really works great for one year. I have also dropped it a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by D&J'S MOM
    I just got it this week and used it for only two days. I read the instructions and made sure it is assembled correctly. I just end up changing it back to manual once I get completely frustrated. I don't feel much suction, could it be that it might not be working correctly?

I was taking 30 minutes each session and would only get 4 ounces so I was hoping the IQ Uno would be faster.
    I only ever get 4-5 oz per session as well manual or electric.

However, I do find the suction tooo strong sometimes, so it might be that the pump isnt working correctly.

hiya - used the dual option today!!!

sooo much easier!

2.5oz one side, 3.5oz the other! and it only took 15 minutes to get that! zowee Batman! the flow seemed to be quicker than single sided pumping as well.

If I haven't already mentioned this, I have the Medela PISA and it works great. Although I do find it a bit on the heavy end. What is the total weight of the entire IQ Duo set? Thanks!

it's a little lighter but about the same weight

Quote Originally Posted by Poppet
    I only ever get 4-5 oz per session as well manual or electric.

However, I do find the suction tooo strong sometimes, so it might be that the pump isnt working correctly.

I am starting to think it might be just that. I have a stronger suction with the manual pump. This is soo frustrating, I just want to hurry and pump so that my boss won't complain about me taking too many pump brakes.