Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 3-4 day rule?

Question 3-4 day rule?

I am confused about introducing solids... do I intro one for one day then wait 3-4 days and try something new or try something 3-4 days in a row then try something new?

Default Re: 3-4 day rule?

For instance: you give your lo carrots for the first time, then you can continue to give him carrots for the first 3-4 days as long as there's no allergic reaction. After 3-4 days, you might introduce peas. Then you can give him carrots AND peas for the next 3-4 days. Then you introduce bananas-- now you can give him carrots, peas, AND bananas, and so on. The 3-4 day rule is just to give you lo time to get used to the new food, and to make sure he doesn't have a bad reaction to it. If he's introduced to too many foods at once, and has a a bad reaction, it's difficult to tell which of the new foods he's allergic to. But once it's established that he's not allergic to a particular food, you can continue to give him that food while introducing others.

Wife to Nick, m. May 2005

Mommy to Gabriel (b. January 2007, 8lbs. 15oz.), nursed 18 months.

Isaac (b. August 2009, 9lbs. 1oz- naturally), nursed 22 months, through PPD/PPA and emergency gallbladder surgery.

and Corban (b. March 2012, 11lbs. 6Oz.- naturally in the water), my NICU baby, still nursing strong at age 2!

Daughter of God