Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 3-4 day rule?

Question 3-4 day rule?

I am confused about introducing solids... do I intro one for one day then wait 3-4 days and try something new or try something 3-4 days in a row then try something new?

Default Re: 3-4 day rule?

For instance: you give your lo carrots for the first time, then you can continue to give him carrots for the first 3-4 days as long as there's no allergic reaction. After 3-4 days, you might introduce peas. Then you can give him carrots AND peas for the next 3-4 days. Then you introduce bananas-- now you can give him carrots, peas, AND bananas, and so on. The 3-4 day rule is just to give you lo time to get used to the new food, and to make sure he doesn't have a bad reaction to it. If he's introduced to too many foods at once, and has a a bad reaction, it's difficult to tell which of the new foods he's allergic to. But once it's established that he's not allergic to a particular food, you can continue to give him that food while introducing others.
    ~Sylvia~

Wife to Nick, m. May 2005

Mommy to Gabriel (b. January 2007, 8lbs. 15oz.), nursed 18 months.

Isaac (b. August 2009, 9lbs. 1oz- naturally), nursed 22 months, through PPD/PPA and emergency gallbladder surgery.

and Corban (b. March 2012, 11lbs. 6Oz.- naturally in the water), my NICU baby, still nursing strong at age 2!

Daughter of God