Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: ..... Is my nipple ..normal? :|

TaraRenee is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default ..... Is my nipple ..normal? :|

I'm just full of questions today, aren't I?

I'm avoiding nursing my right side because Owen feels like he's biting it or something. Oddly enough, I don't feel that on the left side so he's nursing on the left and I'm pumping on the right. My right nipple... looks like it's growing a sweater or something. I laugh but really, I'm in pain. It's white on the end and it just looks disgusting. I would assume with a problem like this, maybe he's not latching on properly but it really looks and feels (er.. FELT) perfectly fine. I don't know. Is this just something I'll have to deal with at first?

Default Re: ..... Is my nipple ..normal? :|

Thrush? I have no experience with this, do hopefully someone who can help with come along. In the meantime, maybe check out kellymom for info?
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

Can you tell us more about how it feels, is his mouth really really big when you put him on? Is he taking all of the aerola in his mouth?

I have no idea what problem you're having, but just wanted to chime in and say to not be afraid of posting these breastfeeding-type questions in the other forums above.....You might get more responses there! (Although Brittan can probably answer your question...)

I am always learning... Just tell me more about what your having. Thank you though.

Stabbing pain in your breast?
    Goes away once you nurse a bit?

or
    sore nipple
    maybe a blister
    possible bad/lazy latch once he gets going?

Eather way I think that we need to nurse through it...Try the best that you can to atleast offer that side. I hate for you to get into trouble pumping already..Also make sure that you are using you lanlin cream everytime and letting your nipples air out as much as possible. Change those breast pads as soon as they are wet also

Fuzzy white grossness sounds like thrush. Hard to tell, though. Look up the symptoms online and see if they "fit".
    Lynda
    Tree-hugging, queer-loving, liberal, feminist Mommy to L August 2006

Have you taken any antibiotics?
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

TaraRenee is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Luckily I saw a lactation consultant today and she said Owen probably just pinched it a few times. Hey, I'm still getting the hang of things.. Just glad it's nothing more.