Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Using manual pump and electric pump?

Default Using manual pump and electric pump?

I just started back to work on Monday and am pumping three times while at work. I have an Ameda Purely Yours double electric pump. I leave it work each night so I don't have to carry it back and forth. I was thinking about buying a manual pump to keep at home so that I can pump in the morning right after I feed her because I am a little engorged in the mornings now that my dd is sleeping through the night most nights. Any recs on a good manual pump? Thanks!

Default Re: Using manual pump and electric pump?

When my DD, Ali was born 12 weeks ago, I didn't even think about buying a breast pump. Well, that all changed when my milk came in. I don't have a Target or a Babies R US where I live, so my only choice was to go to Wal-Mart. I bought the Gerber Manual Breastpump. I believe it was around $30 or so. It took a little longer to get the milk out but it worked out great for the time being until I got my electric pump. I never had any problems with it and it had great suction. I'm not sure if it has any downfalls with big breasted women. I hope this helps. Good luck to you.

SAHM to Ali born on Memorial Day, May 28, 2007
    3 weeks early and weighed 6 pounds 6 ounces
    Ali weighs 17 pounds 10 ounces at 12.5 months old

I highly recommend the Avent Isis pump. When ds2 was little, the first time I pumped with it I got 10oz!

I love my Medela Harmony. I also leave my giant pump at work so I don't have to lug it back and forth, in light of that I good hand pump at home has been my savior on a few occasions.

I do have the PISA, so the Harmony uses all the same parts. Since you have an Ameda, can you buy that brand of manual pumps so bottles, etc. are interchangable?

My Little Reverse Cyclers
    *DS born July 2006, nursed 3 yrs 10 mos!
    *DD born January 2011, happily nursing and bucking the bottle just like big brother
    *One Angel baby we sadly never met July 2009

Happily married to an amazing man who puts up with all my craziness since 1999.

I used the Avent Isis Manual Pump for the first six weeks until I got my PISA double electric. Loved it!

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

Avent Isis, Medela Harmony, or the cheapest option--your hands!

I have the Purely Yours too, and also have an Ameda manual pump that I got to have just in case I couldn't use the electric for some reason. I found the manual pump hard to use. If I were in the market for a manual, I would stick with what the previous poster mentioned.

I've heard wonderful things about the Avent Isis Manual pump. I'm getting one of these once my 2nd baby is born in November.

Ive been using the Avent Isis for 8 months. Used to get 6-10 oz combined. But now only 3-4oz..and I find it hard to get a let-down nowadays.. but thats probably just me..