Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Quaker Oat Meal

Default Quaker Oat Meal

Is it ok to give oat meal to the lo (6 months). This morning I had some oatmeal for breakfast and the lo was sooo interested. So i poured few tablespoons in the blender and poured 60ml of breastmilk and offered it to him. He liked it but is it safe to give on a regular basis for breakfast? Will it help constipation?
    Mom to Wayne since 02.24.2007
    AND
    Keeran 07.19.2010

My kids are my life!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them - Desmond Tutu

Default Re: Quaker Oat Meal

yup oatmeal is fine for baby of that age.

My Daughter is on Oatmeal but it is Earth's Best. Quaker has LOTS of sugar and other stuff in it, although I'm sure it is fine for him. (I'm sure it probably tastes better too, although he would never know it)!

yeah the instant flavored kind maybe isn't so wise because of the sugar.
    but plan would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
    My Daughter is on Oatmeal but it is Earth's Best. Quaker has LOTS of sugar and other stuff in it, although I'm sure it is fine for him. (I'm sure it probably tastes better too, although he would never know it)!
    The regular Quaker Oats don't have anything in them but oats The flavored packets have all kinds of extra junk in them that you don't want, no matter what brand it is.

Can you eat (or give it to the LOs) without cooking though? (I mean the plain oatmeal)