Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Don't wanna to give up.

Default Re: Help! Don't wanna to give up.

I just posted a similar thread, so I can truly understand. I don't have any advice, only encouragement ---You can do it, don't give up. I am sure you are doing an excellent job, and it is a thankless job at that. Keep it up, and as everyone else says, we will see a light at the end of the tunnel/

those first weeks are tuff, just hang in there!!! the growth spurts at three and six weeks almost put an end to my breast feeding career!!! it does get easier. you can do it!

First of all, you're a great mum, giving your baby the best start by breastfeeding . The first few weeks were completely exhausting for me, but it gets better and you do feel SO proud of seeing your baby grow.
    The growth spurts usually last a couple of days, at the end of which you'll probably notice an increase in your supply after so much nursing!
    You mention your little one cries after feeding for a little while, I'm wondering if it could be that there's a big letdown and she can't handle it? does she ever start coughing, her mouth full of milk? I had a very strong letdown, and had to lean back while feeding to prevent gravity from making it worse. Do you leak a lot? Sometimes my DD would pull out and there was a fountain of milk coming from my breast
    Another one I can think of is thrush, baby may have a painful mouth and keeps pulling off while feeding because of pain; also may have white spots in mouth.
    I think the best you can do is contact your local LLL leader (I hope you have one close to you), and she can watch while you feed to try to help you find out what the problem is. If you don't have a leader close to you, there's plenty of info on the breastfeeding answers bit of LLL webpage (http://www.llli.org/nb.html).
    You're doing a great job already, and you can always find support here!