Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doctor says cut back on nursing...need advice

Default Re: Doctor says cut back on nursing...need advice

oh my goodness! I think that I would be finding a new ped! Honestly she could not really be serious. Please do not take to heart what she said. Your dd will be just fine. Yes continue to bf on demand on offer some solids on a daily basis on whenever you think about it and everything will be ok.

We're going to our 9 mo check up today and I also have a "nursing addict"! He eats a small amount of fruit or veg and a couple tablespoons of cereal twice a day. More importantly he nurses on demand-usually 7-9 times in a 24 hour period. We are up often during the night but it's worth it!!! Follow your baby's cues...it sounds like YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB!

Keep up the good work and listen to your baby. You are doing great.

"Addicted to nursing"???

If it were me and my doc made a comment like that I probably would never find a new doctor!

I breastfeed on demand and even at 16 mos my dd still nurses more then eats solids. She's very healthy and is exceptionally bright, so I have no worries that her eatings habits are healthy ones.

Many doctors assume that weaning will occur at 12 months of age and many of their recommendations/beliefs revolve around this.