Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Words of Encouragement!!`

Default Re: Need Words of Encouragement!!`

It DOES get better! For me, it was soemtime between 6 weeks and 9 weeks that everything came together and got easier.
    Dana
    Wife to Jonathan Edward, 3/29/2002
    Mother of Alexander "Lex" Edward, 3/4/2007
    Attachment Parenting - it's not what you do, it's why you do it.
    Breastfeeding
    Co-Sleeping
    Wearing Lex as often as possible
    Daytime cloth diaperer, nighttime sposie user

AWWW sweety, stay encouraged! You are doing a great job, and you know you can call me if you have any questions (like I am an expert or something)
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

All I can add is that I have an aunt who bf 14 children uncluding twins! She nursed for almost 20 years in total!

co sleeping helped us alot especially since James was a bit colicky(sp) the first three mos but once he started to roll around and play with toys and such it got lots better and has been ever since... I enjoy everytime but when there are things going on around him he does tend to get distracted and not want to nurse so we end up either not nursing or we go into a different room... hope u found some help here.

Quote Originally Posted by DassisMom View Post
    All I can add is that I have an aunt who bf 14 children uncluding twins! She nursed for almost 20 years in total!
    WOW Hats off to her!!! that's amazing.

@llli*emama is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

My little sweetheart is 8 weeks old and frequently feeds every hour! Sometimes it's 1 1/2 hours in between feedings but they go on for 50 minutes sometimes so I barely get time to rest. I also can't really pump that much because I'm feeding so much so in the evenings, my husband feeds her formula (I know, I know but I just can't) and that gives me time to sleep.

All I can say is I DIG WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH, SISTER. It's not easy but you will be so proud of yourself once you get through this period! I'm loving BFing and that's after almost a month of not getting it right, having terrible pain, pumping like crazy and only getting 1 ounce at a time. We finally got it down when she was 5 weeks old and I'm thrilled but also incredibly tired!

One thing I can say is that pumping adds about 45 minutes to every feed because you have to pump and then clean the pump accessories THEN feed the LO. Since I started BFing, it's been much easier...

Best of luck!

Thank you for this post and all the replies. This made me feel soooo much better when I read it. I was having such a hard day, well hard week actualy. A lot of the same concerns and then some. Between the responses to this post and the ones to mine, I feel so much more hopeful!

Wow Ladies - THANKS for ALL of your supportive words. I truly appreciate them!!! It makes me feel better to know that I do not have to feel bad for having 2nd thoughts on this and realising that bfing is not the easiest thing to do. I also realise that bfing is the best for my lo, and I will stay on the course. My goal is at least 6 months, and he is only 5 weeks so I am not ready to give up yet. I will take it each week at a time and look at it as an accomplishment of pride that I can provide for my lo as well as happiness for the special time and bond that I am spending with my Ethan.

You ladies ROCK!!!

(((HUG))) You are doing a great job! It is hard at first, but in the end you are doing whats best for your LO I've never FF, but I can imagnie it's quite different to BF when you are used to FF. You just have to remind yourself that the middle of the night feedings and getting up every couple hours is only temporary and it will get better (((HUG)))