Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: spitting up

Default spitting up

My lo is 8 mo. and we've been experimenting w/ solids for about 2 mo. My new trouble is that he is constantly spitting up! Today he spit up some prunes almost 2 hours after he ate them. He's always been a bit of a spitter and is very active, but we try to keep him still after he eats (and upright). I am a little concerned, because it seems to be getting worse instead of better. I can't tell if we're trying to feed him to much, or what. Anyone have trouble w/ this??

Default Re: spitting up

we are having the same problem with rice cereal so I have stopped and she hasn't spit up since I would cut back on the solids and see if that helps.

Default Re: spitting up

From a housekeeping perspective, I always avoided colored food.
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.