Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Dd is 9 days old and on a marathon

Default Dd is 9 days old and on a marathon

Is it normal for babies to be on a feeding marathon?

If I put her down she wants to eat. If I hold her she will sleep for hours. I have been doing well with the bf for the past few days. But now it seems she drinks me dry.

What is going on? I have not called a LLL person for help because I have never been to a meeting.

Thanks for any tips you may have.

Default Re: Dd is 9 days old and on a marathon

Becky you are doing awesome! Just keep letting her nurse. She is just building your supply up, just follow her lead. It spaces out eventually.

here is a really good article!
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/frequent-nursing.html

Keep at it

Thank you for the link and the encoragement. She has soooo many poop diapers I have lost track after 6...should I worry?

love the sight and does explain alot. I have been depressed (not ppd) just so much going on at home and no help for dh and myself. Anywho, sorry for the mini vent, I do feel better when she is in my arms and nursing.

I just felt like I am messing up. I have made it to my 1st goal of one week...

gatta go

congrats on your new lo!
    i thought something had to be wrong those first few weeks we were nursing so much! but everyone on here just said nurse on demand and they were right! i never thought i would make it to three months and now i hope to go until he decides he's done! i owe it all to the support i got on here! oh and this is also the best place for a vent- mini or not! beware though, i'm addicted to being on here now!

It sounds like you are in the middle of the 7-10 day growth spurt... it won't last forever!

You can definitely call an LLL leader even if you've never been to a meeting and if you never plan to go to a meeting! They still want to help you! Of course they would love for you to attend a meeting too, and I think it would really, really help you. Just trying to get out of the house may seem overwhelming right now, but it will get easier... I promise!

Best of lucK! Keep up the great work.

Anne- Mom to two active boys: Henry 10/06 and Jamie 4/09

Looking for an LLL leader in your area? click:
    http://www.llli.org/webindex.html

confused about abbreviations? check this out:
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=807

Quote Originally Posted by Britt,Xander,+1=3 View Post
    Thank you for the link and the encoragement. She has soooo many poop diapers I have lost track after 6...should I worry?

love the sight and does explain alot. I have been depressed (not ppd) just so much going on at home and no help for dh and myself. Anywho, sorry for the mini vent, I do feel better when she is in my arms and nursing.

I just felt like I am messing up. I have made it to my 1st goal of one week...

gatta go
    I know those first few weeks are really tough! I had a 2 year old when Chloe was born and I felt so guilty for not being able to be "there" for her. Just remember you just had a baby, be kind to yourself mama. You are so not messing up! You're doing great!

I wanted to say the poopy diapers sound normal. My son pooped after every feeding during the 6 weeks or so. It's normal! You do want to make sure you are having pee diapers too, to make sure that the baby is hydrated properly.

Anne- Mom to two active boys: Henry 10/06 and Jamie 4/09

Looking for an LLL leader in your area? click:
    http://www.llli.org/webindex.html

confused about abbreviations? check this out:
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=807

Your DD sounds normal -- remember that you can't spoil them with too much cuddling when they are that little.

My DD loved to poop and poop and poop everytime she was bfing the first 6 weeks or so. I took it as a good sign. I agree with pp that you need to make sure there are wet diapers, too.

Keep up the good work! You are doing great mama!
    Clara Ann from 6/27/07 to 7/2/09