Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: finger foods

Default finger foods

My little one is starting a Mother's Day out program after labor day. he will be 13 months. They said i have to bring foods he can feed himself. right now all he feeds himself is thinks like puffs or if i break off pieces of bread type things from what i am eating. I've tried fruits, like apples, bananas, pear and he will eat them for a day or two and then stop. i also tried cut up green beans with the same result. Does anyone have any suggestions on finger foods that worked for their child that aren't extrememly messy?

Default Re: finger foods

My DD could eat these every day:
    sweet peas
    softened carrots sliced up
    cooked sweet potato pieces
    shaved turkey meat
    cheese

I notice if I don't give stuff to her every day, like the same fruit, and keep it different, she doesn't refuse much of them. If I offer the same fruit too often, she'll refuse it and I'll just try again in a few days.
    Our blessings from God!
    Kylee was born September, 2006 - 9 lbs. 12 1/2 oz, 21 inches long.
    Kiefer was born January, 2008 - 6 lbs. 14 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.
    He was diagnosed with a severe peanut allergy at 12 1/2 months old. Others later discovered.
    And I am even more blessed by being married to my best friend and the most honorable man I've ever known.

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." - Abraham Lincoln

i know this is kind of stupid, but how long and how do you cook the sweet potatos for? i'm only used to making them really soft, like yams.

and for the sweet peas do you get them fresh or canned?

Cooking them like you would sweet potatoes is the way I usually do it. And as for vegetables, I'm a bad mommy. Too often I find myself so busy that I just get out the canned ones. I buy her the small cans that way nothing really gets wasted. I try to get fresh veggies when I can, but we all know how life gets at times. My DH and I usually eat a lot of fresh spinach, and she can't have that yet.

And as a treat, have you tried Goldfish? That's another one that she loves to eat with cheese and turkey.
    Our blessings from God!
    Kylee was born September, 2006 - 9 lbs. 12 1/2 oz, 21 inches long.
    Kiefer was born January, 2008 - 6 lbs. 14 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.
    He was diagnosed with a severe peanut allergy at 12 1/2 months old. Others later discovered.
    And I am even more blessed by being married to my best friend and the most honorable man I've ever known.

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." - Abraham Lincoln