Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: loosing faith

Default Re: loosing faith

My daughter was a premie and spent a month in NICU. Thank god it wasn't longer. My heart goes out to you. I remember how tiring it was going back and forth, pumping trying to nurse, being stressed over her health and well being. Feeling guilty for not being there with her 24/7.

Does the hospital not have a pump in the NICU? Ours did and I would visit my daugher and then pump immediately after. Go back to her isolette and visit a little more and then leave (for food, a nap, a shower, let her sleep etc.) The hospital grade pumps are stronger and will bring up your milk production. Use it if it is available.

Have you done any Kangaroo care? Just having the baby against your skin will encourage milk production. And it's beneficial for the baby too. They did warn me not to over stimulate her by looking directly into her eyes or caressing her too much. Just being skin to skin seemed to sooth her.

We will keep you in our prayers

well today i need a little support....i'm a little scared....the nurse called this morning, and the speach therapists were in today, and they want me to try to start bfing.....i'm so scared, i guess from everything else, i'm a little scared it's not gonna work....should i be so worried?

As difficult as it may be...you have to remain positive. I'm sure everything will be fine. I know it has only been a little over a week, but if you don't mind me asking...how much weight has she gained since September 30th.
    Last edited by lovebeingmommy; October 11th, 2007 at 02:15 PM. Reason: I meant to ask how much she has gained since September.
    Tracy...Mommy to my two beautiful girls - Kinzie Marie, 1/19/01 and Ryan Renee, 2/1/07
    Married to Danny, an amazing husband and father - 3/22/03

Age Ticker

Breast milk is better than any udder milk!

My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard. ~David Allen

Thumbs up Re: loosing faith

she is now roughly 6 pounds, and they moved her feeding tube to her nose, and we haven't started bfing yet, they want to give her a couple of days of bottle feeding, because of what problems she had trying to get off the vent, they don't want to overwhelm her, so this weekends is binki dips in milk which is a big step, and then we are going to try on monday to make our next step.

Maya and you are doing so well .... keep up ... Maya is strong and she needs you.... feeding bottles is good for her she will get stronger and will latch on better... remember that they are preemies and might get tired faster then full term babies when they bf..... (that was happening with Jennie she used to get very tired, I used to bf 1x day then gradually the dr increase it) Do you have a book for preemies... I have "Preemies; The essential guide for parents of premature babies" I was given this at the hospital and it was a blessed... Nurses and drs always bussy, no friends or family member could relate to my situation so this book gave all the info to make the most positive and informatial expirience in the NICU and coming home...

God Bless You and Baby Maya...

Ive been following this post as I had a friend go through a rough nicu experience, and I just wanted to say Im so excited for tomorrow to come for you Just remember it may be one step forward one step back for awhile..but since she's only had the taste of bm she might catch on alot faster. see about rubbing some bm on your nipples before she latches on or getting your let down going first as these two things really helped my friend get started. Good luck and I'll say a prayer
    Melanie