Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Manual Pump?

Default Re: Which Manual Pump?

Well, I just ordered the Whittlestone manual off ebay, so we'll see how that goes when I get it. Will keep y'all posted!

At any rate, here's some info on the Whittlestone Manual Expresser...

Whittlestone Manual Expresser

Whittlestone Manual Breast Expresser
    Price: $39.95

Quantity
    CFS Storage Bags, 50 ct., Add $18.95
    Free UPS Ground Shipping!
    (continental USA only)
    A breakthrough in breastfeeding technology…
    Introducting the new Whittlestone Manual Expresser -- the ultimate in milk expression. The Whittlestone Manual Expressor is the ONLY breastmilk expression device with Pulsation and One-Way Airflow:
    • Pulsation: Effective massage for nipple stimulation. Relieves painful congestion
    • One Way Airflow: Continually moving milk and air away from the breast
    What this means for you:
    • Proven speed, unmatched comfort... creating a better environment for your breast
    • PLUS.. easiest to use and clean
    Don't setttle, demand the best ... Whittlestone.
    What is an Expresser? A newer and better way to express your milk. This technology replaces all existing breast pumps on the market today.
    What makes the Expresser “a breakthrough in breastfeeding technology"? Two Things: Pulsation and One-Way Airflow
    Pulsation: Vacuum moves milk from the breast while expressing. Vacuum also causes “congestion” to form at the front of the breast, which can be very uncomfortable We designed our breast cup to gently pulsate the breast with every handle squeeze to help relieve this congestion. Pulsation is exclusive to Whittlestone.
    One-way Airflow: Our unique air-flow system does not allow material to be pushed back towards the open nipple ducts while expressing, therefore “ideal” for helping maintain a clean environment at the breast. One-way Airflow is exclusive to Whittlestone.
    Why I should care? This unique combination of Pulsation and One-Way Airflow gives you the following:
    Speed: Ultra fast, saves you time.
    Comfort: Relaxing means faster let downs. Encourages longer lactations.
    Protection: Designed to create a healthier environment at the breast.
    Are there any other benefits with the Whittlestone Expresser? Yes, there are three other important features:
    Vacuum dial: Allows you to choose your perfect comfort setting…others don't!
    Fits all breasts.
    Simple to use…easy to clean.

Hey all, I got that Whittlestone Manual Expresser, works very well and is nice and gentle. Just thought I'd give you guys the update. Good luck!

Talking Re: Which Manual Pump?

Superbabe, is the Whittlestone Manual pump pretty quiet? Is it at all uncomfortable for your wrist or hand to squeeze the handle? I have the electric Whittlestone and I LOVE it!! In fact today I pulled out my old Pump In Style that I used 4 years ago with my son. I was unable to get any milk at all after just having nursed my daughter. I thought maybe she had done an extra good job at emptying my breasts. But I decided to try the Whittlestone quickly and see if it was able to get anything. Low and behold I got almost 2 ounces. I know the method that Whittlestone uses to express milk works great for me. But I am a little concerned about any noise the manual pump may make as far as creaking or squeeking or something when you squeeze the handle. Curious what your findings were. Thanks! Gigi

The Whittlestone Manual is quite quiet, but I find that I get a bit less with it than using my Pump In Style Advance (2006 model). Hard or easy to use? Well, nothing beats an electric pump, but it is very easy to use. There is a dial on the side to adjust suction. I only got it for the convenience of shopping or travelling. I pump in family washrooms or in the car when I'm out and about. I've heard that the Whittlestone Electric is good, but it's not hospital grade when compared to the PISA; which ultimately gets more milk out of me. Good luck! PS: best place to get the Whittlestone Manual is on Ebay.