Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Manual Pump?

Default Which Manual Pump?

I'm looking for opinions on which manual breast pump is the favorite? I'm not sure which to pick

Any help, greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Which Manual Pump?

I'm a fan of the Avent Isis manual. I used it when I was working full-time for 5 weeks (while my DH was on paternity leave) and I'm still using on a part-time basis now that my work schedule is more flexible. I think if I had continued working full-time, I would have gotten an electric pump like the Medela PIS or the new Avent Duo. But for my part-time work schedule, the Avent does the job.

I also did a lot of reading before purchasing it, and it seems to have a lot of good reviews on various parenting boards.

Hope that helps!

I also have an Avent Isis and I like it.

I love love love my Madela Harmony. I can get as much milk with it as I can with the Pump in Style.

Mom to - 6 yrs, 4 yrs, and twins 3 years

Check out my Work at Home Job Here

Has anyone heard anything about the Whittlestone Manual Expresser? Thanks!
    [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]http://bbq.polartreasure.com
    Last edited by LLL LactoJen; May 20th, 2006 at 09:42 AM.

LLLJacqui is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I've got one from Lansinoh that I really like...

Jacqui

I forgot to mention that I really do not recommend the Medela Spring Pump at all, it's one that you have to hold with one hand and push in with the other. Gave me carpal tunnel syndrome.

I really like my Medela Harmony. I've found it easy and comfortable to use.

I work at home, so felt no need to spend a fortune on an electric pump. I've been very pleased with my $30 purchase!

For occassional use, I would recommend the Avent Isis. It is very comfortable and easy to use. If you are planning on pumping more often, I would highly recommend that you look into an electric pump especially a hospital grade one. I've had my Medela PIS for three years and love it. Nothing beats the convenience of dual electric.

I've heard good things about the Medela Harmony and Avent Isis. I used the Medela Spring Express, and I liked it. Overall, I hear the best reports on the Isis and Harmony, though. HTH!

Superbabe, I don't know much about the Whittlestone Manual (In fact, I just looked it up! :P Didn't even know they offered a manual), but I have heard good things about the Whittlestone Breast Expresser. The Whittlestone is a good product, but it's important to be aware that it uses a different technology than typical vacuum suction pumps. It works more by massaging the areola than by suction. If you try the manual, do please post your thoughts in the pump forum. I'm sure other mothers will benefit from your experience!

Moving this to pumping for more replies!