Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Any success with The First Years "Breastflow" Bottles??

Exclamation Any success with The First Years "Breastflow" Bottles??

My DS is 3mos old and I'm going back to school next week. I used to supplement with formula and he took formula and expressed milk in a bottle occassionally until he was about 7 weeks. Since then I have been EBF, now we started introducing him the bottle again but he would not take it. I was ot Target.com and came across a bottle made by The First Years called "Breastflow" which is supposed to imitate a real nipple. It has 2 nipples, the outer is soft like a real nipple and the inner is a little harder. I read the reviews on it and seems like most infants transitioning would take it. I have been reading the forums on babies who won't take a bottle but I didn't see any suggestions on the "breastflow" bottles. Just wondering if any of you ladies have tried it?

Default Re: Any success with The First Years "Breastflow" Bottles??

Yes and I personally didn't like them, neither did my LO. If your LO will take that bottle, then use what works for him/her. I ended up pulling out the inner hard piece b/c it was hard for my LO to "latch" but then the bottle leaked.

I have used Playtex drop ins and Dr Brown and they seem to be the best for us. We had issues with Avent b/c the nipple was longer and harder. The "standard nipple" seems to work best b/c its softer than some of the breast shaped nipples. The LC I talk with suggested the "standard nipple" with any bottle that it fits in.

Thomas's dad liked it (he's at home with him during the day), but I like the Playtex NaturaLatch nipples better. Thomas liked them both--as long as there's food in there he's pretty happy. We also tried Avent and didn't like them.

My girls have been using them with my husband the last two weeks. They are 10 weeks and my husband really likes them. He thinks that they are good for making sure they continue to work to breastfeed because it takes some effort to get the milk out and they have to cup/suck the nipple like the breast. They immediately took to them.

My baby has used it. She seems to take a lot more milk than I pump with a regular bottle and this bottle makes her take much closer to what I pump.

My daughter has been using the breastflow bottles for a couple of months and they are the bottles that she likes the best. I like the idea that she has to work the bottle in a way that is similar to the breast... makes me feel better about giving her a bottle! I agree that she takes the amount of milk that I produce for her with these bottles, but seems to want/take more with others. Worth a try!!

Thumbs up Re: Any success with The First Years "Breastflow" Bottles??

i have a six week old BG . she didnt tajke to the playtex "natural flow" the nipples went to far back into her mouth , just about choking her. i tried several other bottles like dr. browns cuz she is colicy. so i finally gave it one more try and tried the first years "breast flow" they are FANTASTIC. she takes them even from me. im gone from my BG 4 days a week for 5 hrs because of working, and she breastfeeds just as she did before taking the bottle. my sister is using these as well with her BB, she is having the same success. i strongly recommend these bottles to any BF mothers. their not to expensive and their worth the cost. hope i've been helpful.

Pellegirl is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Our DD had a hard time with bottles once we had to introduce them so after a bunch of different bottles and nipples a Babies R Us employee suggested that we try the Breast flow bottle as it was designed in conjunction with lactation consultants to best imitate breastfeeding. It worked for us. I definately think it is worth a try.

Smile Re: Any success with The First Years "Breastflow" Bottles??

TRY THE BREASTFLOW BOTTLES THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!! I