Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: succes with avent soft spout?

Default succes with avent soft spout?

http://www.avent.com/fr/fr/toddlerfe...ccessories.php

Anyone has success with the Avent soft spout as young as three months? It seems young but the company claims it's specially designed for three month age... I'm still fighting with DD to have her take EBM.
    DD1 for 9mo and DD2 for almost 12mo
    (using a Hotsling, ringsling, and Chimparoo but my favourite one is a Mei Tai)

Default Re: succes with avent soft spout?

I had them with my daughter but had no luck at all with them, not even when my daughter was older. My dd took EBM from a bottle nipple better, although she wasn't totally fond of that either. At least she would take an ounce or two and it would tide her over until I got back, if I was out.

I have the same question! DS will NOT take a bottle, and I was thinking of trying the sippy as I did with my DD who also didn't take a bottle. We tried it with her when she was 6 months, but I thought we'd try with him now at 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by guenimo View Post
    http://www.avent.com/fr/fr/toddlerfe...ccessories.php

Anyone has success with the Avent soft spout as young as three months? It seems young but the company claims it's specially designed for three month age... I'm still fighting with DD to have her take EBM.
    I'm not an expert in this but I think that three months is a bit early to start drinking form a sippy cup! See if you can't find a bottle that resembles the breast, I know there are quite a few of them.
    Hope you get things sorted out!!!

Hi, I have them and my 4 month old really likes them. She will not take a bottle but loves to sip out of her Avent sipper. I give it to her once in awhile and she goes nuts and get all excited. I first started with just a cup cause she would stare whenever I drank so I tried it a bit with her and she loves it!! She can now hold it her self which is nice.

My son never liked it. The only sippy he will drink anything (actually just water) from is the First Years disposable ones. He only took it around age 1 though.