Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pasta for babies?

Default Pasta for babies?

DS is 9 mo and I'm wondering what type of pasta is considered safe to give him. Are certain types less likely to make LOs choke?

Default Re: Pasta for babies?

I use Italpasta baby pastina ... its really small you can serve it on a spoon. Either that or my girlfriend said to cook regular macaroni or something similar and put it in a bowl, use a shot glass upside down and cut the pasta to your desired size. That way you don't have to cook seperate pasta for baby. I would try to avoid the thicker types like Penne untill your little one is used to eating the pasta.
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.

I make regular spaghetti with meat sauce and I just cut the noodles up really small. He's done fine with them. He LOVES spaghetti. The child will eat til he pops!! I've got great pics of him looking like a clown. I just take off his clothes and let him go at it. He has so much fun and the main thing....he eats!! HTH, good luck!

I make quinoa pasta spirals and break them up... DD loves them...and it's the only grain that's a complete protein. So it's healthy!
    for 1-1/2 years...and still going!

i use letter pasta. They are perfect sized for DD.
    Newly Pregnant momma to My little Miss Gracie with a little sibling on the way.

I use elbow pasta as finger food and orzo pasta for spoon-feeding.

Peter eats any/all shapes and sizes of pasta. He has mastered chewing his food thanks to BLW and size of pieces is not a concern anymore. He's 10 months.

Not to ask a question within a question, but......
    What do you put on the pasta so it's not bone dry? (my son is 9 months old)
    He spits up from pasta sauce if I eat it, so I'm assuming he probably shouldn't eat it.

thanks!