Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Cherioes - LO likes them too much

Question Cherioes - LO likes them too much

My LO loves Peas and Cherioes. We buy an organic brand of Cherioes so it is not that bad but she will try to hold out and refuse all other foods until she gets O's and Peas. This just started this wekk. Any suggestions? Also, she loves any veggie I give her but does not like fruits. Is this ok?
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Default Re: Cherioes - LO likes them too much

Don't have any personal experience here but my girlfriends told me to beware-babies will go through a stage where they will only want a certain few things. I think they grow out of it. Maybemix it all together? If not jsut let it pass and give her peas and o's for now!
    Proud wife to Pete, 5-9-04
    Proud 1st time mom to Lilly 2-1-07 born at 36 weeks, 5lbs 1 oz, au natural!

http://www.lillybugdesigns.com
    Handmade accessories for mom and baby
    All made with love, and by hand[/COLOR]

Dip them in stuff first.

Try Kamut or rice puff cereal... Both come in organic, no other ingredient packages... DD loves them...
    for 1-1/2 years...and still going!

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It can take up to 20 tries before a new food is accepted. Plus, at 11 months, baby is still getting their real nutrition from bm still, so you don't need to worry too much about a balanced diet. Try to look at the week overall, too, rather than trying to get in all the food groups in a single day. One day LO will only eat peas, another day, nothing but sweet potato, another day only pasta, it all evens out in the end.

Hey, at least peas and O's are good for LO!

I agree with Evin, my LO loves cheerios too, and sometimes refuses everything else. I didn't think to try organic cheerios. That is a good idea. He is 9 months old and for the past couple weeks was refusing EVERYTHING, except for cheerios and the occasional bite of yo-baby yogurt. One thing I realized is that he wanted to self-feed. So now I give him his own spoon and let him do most of it himself. Most gets on the floor, but at least he is tasting different things. I asked about this at the last LLL meeting, and they said the first year is just for learning to eat and tasting bits of things. Most nutrition is still from mommy milk.

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

Thanks everyone!
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk