Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: need help asap please

Default need help asap please

the last few days im having trouble breastfeeding. latching on and producing milk. is there anyway to help my baby gurl latch on and not cry and help me producing more milk? i think the last few days she got used to a bottle. im really against formula and thats whats shes been having mostly. PLEASE HELP ME! thank you

Default Re: need help asap please

Can you tell me more about the situation?

How old is your baby? How frequently is she nursing? How often is she getting a formula supplement? You mention she is crying at the breast, can you give some more details?

Default Re: need help asap please

she will be 3months the 22. i try feeding her every 2hrs. and i try to get to her before she starts crying. but it doesnt work. she wont cry until she nurses and cant get any milk. i also tried to pump but lately that isnt working either. i used to get about 4 or 5oz now i cant even get a half ounce. i give her formula when she is so upset she cant nurse. but the la leche leader around my area said to try giving her alittle food (either formula or pumped milk) when she was first born and had a problem latching on then. i think she just got over a growth spurt cos she would eat every hour. but now its back to every 2hours or so. hmm well i hopehelps i just would LOVE to stay away from formula. im getting so frustrated that i wanna give up