Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: need help with SNS

Default need help with SNS

DD is almost 11 months...I am 6 months pregnant and have no milk. I bought a sns but she won't nurse with it. She stops and looks at it all funny like . She also wants to play with the bottle hanging from my neck. Any advice?
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

Default Re: need help with SNS

I don't have any ideas, but I'm sure someone will chime in with what has worked for them.
    bump

Maybe you could get her one of those mommy necklaces to keep her distracted so she won't play with the bottle. As far as getting her to latch with the tube on, I would try taping it in a variety of different positions. My LO figured the tube out pretty quick and starting just sipping from the tube rather than latching properly. I had to experiment with taping it on the top, bottom, side, etc. Also, make sure the liquid is not too hot or too cold as that might make a difference for her. Good luck!

Good luck first of all... and I would just let her nurse how she wants she's 11mos old and I don't think your milk is done producing b.c if she keeps nursing period she'll get colostrum and that's still just as good as the milk afterwards.

hope u get some help and figure it out.