Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Date Night?

Default Date Night?

If you go out for just a few hours and leave your LO w/ a bottle do you pump while your out? I know your supposed to be pumping whenever LO eats, but I'm just wondering if we were to go out to eat or have the house to ourselves and send LO to Grandmas for a few hours with a bottle would I need to pump. Would not pumping one time once in a while be ok?

Jenn
    Mom to - DD1 10/5/05, DS 6/27/07 & DD2 6/18/09

Default Re: Date Night?

I don't think skipping a pumping session would ruin your supply, it may be less at that time for a couple days after, but you will feel uncomfortable if you don't pump the extra milk out. And it's not something you would want to do often. You could pump some of the extra out after you nurse next, or before if you wind up getting really full. You won't get as much out that way but at least you won't have soooo much extra milk sitting in your breasts telling them to decrease milk.

Let your body be your guide. If you start to feel uncomfortably full, then definitely do pump or hand express.

If I go out to a movie or something like that (where I don't want interuption), I pump right before I leave, even if she just ate. Keeps me a little more comfortable.