Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: nursing bras/tops

Default Re: nursing bras/tops

Quote Originally Posted by amymarie View Post
    I live in my Target nursing tanks. It's just so much easier. The few times that I tried wearing a normal bra and shirt it was a disaster to NIP. I ended up with a huge wet spot on my shirt just below my breast, very attractive

My nursing bras were $40/per but I was a 34DD pre baby so I had to buy specialty bras

I would just buy one to begin with and see how it goes but I would go crazy without them.
    ! I was a 36DD prepregnancy, and all I know for sure is that I can't get the cups done up on a 38DDD now. Where did you go for bras?

I bought all the jazzy nursing bras and tops while I was still pregnant and they were great while I was first adjusting to BF. Now, I prefer my regular bras and tops. If you do choses to buy nursing products, I would reccommend checking out ebay if you're worried about the price!!! There are a few sellers who carry new bras at very reasonable prices!! Also as far as tops go, check out the glamour mom tops! Very innovative and functional yet stylish...though a little pricey!

I haven't found a supportive nursing bra so I usually just wear a sports bra. I'm looking for something more supportive though because I'm a 34DD. I did find this which would be useful if you can find a good comfy and supportive non nursing bra http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/braconvert.html

I love the idea of cutting slits in a tank top tha tyou already own. I livein my nursing bras and I love the sleep bra also. I do have three nursing shirts. One I hate it is basically like a crossover top and the other two, I abolutely love. NIP is still hard for me since I am a FTM, I feel exposed sometimes, so for me I needed them. The two shirts I love have two layers the one underneath has slits, which is why I love the pp about cutting yor own slits. It will save some $$. My nursing shirts from motherhood cost about $16/each. HTH.

I love my nursing bras. I have several nursing shirts from MM and could do without them. I prefer a tank top under a regular shirt to the nursing tops.

Clare's Mum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I have 3 nursing bras from LaSenza. They are great! They were $16 each, not a bad price. They are a lot like my regular bras which I really like. They have an underwire and a bit of padding.

for me, it was all about ease and comfort. i have a large chest, and there was no way thtat my engorged self would be comfy to lop out over or under a regular bra. i used the supreme nurser and the microfiber bra from bravado designs. ( www.bravadodesigns.com) i also like their tanks.

i never really got into nursing shirts...i only used one once and that was on a plane. the rest of the time, i just hiked up my normal shirt or wore one that opened in the front.

check em out. they are $$, but IMHO they were worth their weight in liquid gold
    meohmy