Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Worried

Unhappy Worried

Well i finally had success with my DS and breastfedding but i don't understand why my milk is disappearing. I let him nurse whenever he wants, i drink plenty of water and eat regurlarly... but i notice my breast always have that empty feeling, even when i pump i get a lot less then when i first started pumping. And when i say my breast feel empty, i mea they are really feeling like no milk is being produced, they are very very soft and have no feel to them =/ I don't want to lose my milk now that he is taking it. i have been giving him extra milk in the bottle cause it seems he's always hungry even after a long nursing period I'm scared i might go dry, =/ andthing i can do, any suggestions?? i don't wanna fail now after all the problems i've had

Default Re: Worried

First a huge hug to you...

I'd like to ask a few questions.

1) What leads you to the conclusion that he is still hungry after a breastfeeding?

2) How many wet/poopy diapers does he have generally in a 24 hour period?

3) How often are you pumping?

Default Re: Worried

Well i believe he's still hungry cause he keeps sucking his hand and looking for more even after 1hr+ at the breast.

And as for the poops/wet diapers they are very good, plenty of them, but i do give him bottles of EBM after BFing him. Running low on EBM, since i can barely get 1oz out of them combined, went from 3-4 oz to the 1 oz =/

I pump when he sleeps after eating, kinda don't want to pump anymore, for fear i won't have enough if he wakes and wants to eat. I would rather him eat directly from my breast then bottle.

I notice at night is when ilack more of my milk, but i do keep him in bed with me and try to nurse as long as he wants but like i say he seems hungry even after BFing.