Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Constipation....

Default Re: Constipation....

Quote Originally Posted by eelme View Post
    We also use prunes. Regular Gerber baby pureed prunes. I haven't been able to find organic pureed prunes anywhere. I wanted to try flaxseed oil, but saw that it is processed in a plant that processes peanuts, etc. Was concerned about allergies. Anyone have trouble w/ that w/ flaxseed oil? or is it ok to use? I've heard avacados work for constipation, too, but we haven't had much luck w/ that.
    D has avocado every day and I haven't noticed that it helped. I get Safeway O Organics Pureed Prunes as we avoid Gerber. Earth's Best also makes them, but they are almost half the amount for more $.

Lyn
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Where do you get those organic prunes (what kind of grocery store?) I haven't seen them, yet. I'd like to avoid Gerber, too.

I tried prunes with Riley, they seemed to make him gassy and hurt his tummy. Peaches worked really well, though. He still has a peach most days now to keep him regular.

Where do you get those organic prunes (what kind of grocery store?) I haven't seen them, yet. I'd like to avoid Gerber, too.
    We get the Paul Newman organic prunes at our grocery store here in Florida.
    C:\Documents and Settings\David Lawrence\My Documents\My Pictures\DSC00970.jpg
    Mommy to Alexander
    Born Oct 6,2006

Hmmmm...I'll have to look for that kind. haven't seen them anywhere, yet. Still using Gerber. Guess I could puree my own. Anyone been successful doing that?

Kate suffered with constipation. Bananas always backed her up! Things that helped were pears, raisins, blueberries and 100% apple juice (all organic). HTH!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Hey bake pear sounds really yummy! How do you bake it?

Quote Originally Posted by SallySingapore View Post
    Hey bake pear sounds really yummy! How do you bake it?
    It is yummy and I usually polish it off. I just cut the pear in half and sprinkle on some cinnamon. I usually put it on some foil w a little olive oil so it doesn't stick. I bake at around 350 until soft. Its great right out of the oven. Cools quick.
    C:\Documents and Settings\David Lawrence\My Documents\My Pictures\DSC00970.jpg
    Mommy to Alexander
    Born Oct 6,2006

what is wrong with Gerber? In Singapore, we haver Gerber, Earth's Best and Heinz as the three main supplier of baby food. Please tell me the story of Gerber

Quote Originally Posted by ES1967 View Post
    It is yummy and I usually polish it off. I just cut the pear in half and sprinkle on some cinnamon. I usually put it on some foil w a little olive oil so it doesn't stick. I bake at around 350 until soft. Its great right out of the oven. Cools quick.
    Thanks for the recipe! Cinnamon is a rather strong herb which I could never figure how much to use. I'll try a sprinkle as advised but is there anything else that I could replace cinnamon with? I supposed I could throw in some raisins too eh?