Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Where to buy PIS

Default Where to buy PIS

Hi everyone,
    On the old forum, there was a thread that included suggestions for web sites for buying the PIS. Medela prevents many web sites from listing prices (which often means that they are cheaper than the average price at big retailers). From that thread, I found hackleyhme.com, which has the PIS original for $190 and the Advanced for $220. Does anyone know of a better deal? I'm a little wary of buying one used on eBay, but I'm also a grad student on a budget.
    Thanks!

Wink Re: Where to buy PIS

I would reccomend the Ameda over the Madela due to the fact that it is FDA approved. I have never used the madella, but this is what I discovered when I did some research a few months back. Also I got the Ameda with all the bells and whistles (back pack, car adapter, etc.) for $150 on ebay brand new from a Lactation Consultant. This was the company that I called and got all the previous information from they have a Certified Lactation Educator and Neonatal Registered Nurse on hand to answer any breast feeding questions free. That was a big help to me. To top it off this is the only pump I have ever been able to let down to and after 4 children and more pumps that should say a lot. If you have anymore questions call them at (866) 616-1155 I found them a lot of help in my decision making. Also my pump came in about 3 days. Hope this helps.

Angry Re: Where to buy PIS

I bought a Medela PIS advanced from them about 3 months ago, as others suggested. The pump lost suction, I lost my original invoice from them as proof of purchase to file my claim with Medela so I contacted them.

Boy, they were NOT happy about that! The woman who spoke to me on the phone was rude and sounded like I was wasting her time. Apparently, after 3 months or so, they figured out that I couldn't dispute the merchandise charge from my credit card so they did not care.

That low price is not worth it at all!

If you want help in case something happens, steer clear from this hackleyme.com site.

Default Re: Where to buy PIS

i use happymothers

I used www.babiesusa.com. They shipped it pretty quickly.

I was very lucky to receive a free PIS off freecycle from a mother who thought was going to bf and didn't..she didn't want to deal with ebay so she gave it away, she had received another one as a gift so she used that one but i got the new one..love that pump..even though i don't use it a lot..maybe a couple of times a month..i'd say try the sites the op's posted or ebay..it's worth it