Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping and Breastfeeding..several questions

Post Pumping and Breastfeeding..several questions

After several weeks of exclusively BF, I'm now currently pumping 100% and comfort nursing (when either he or I need a break/cuddle). Does anyone have any tips on increasing milk production? I've just started Fenugreek and Mother's Milk tea *w/blessed thistle*. My DS is 7 weeks old and drinking about 3-4 oz. every 2-4 hours. I'm pumping every 2-4 hours.

Another question: I have a 2 year old who i breastfed for 6 months. I'd like to give her breastmilk again (She's asked for and drank some recently). Any thoughts on that? Suggestions?

Default Re: Pumping and Breastfeeding..several questions

You can absolutely give your 2yo milk in a cup. My suggestion, though, is make sure that your baby's needs are met first and then offer milk on occassion as you have it.

Is there a reason that you're exclusively pumping now? When your son comfort nurses, do you feel that he is getting any milk for his efforts?

How much are you pumping now, and how much do you need to be pumping? What type of pump are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by home executive View Post
    You can absolutely give your 2yo milk in a cup. My suggestion, though, is make sure that your baby's needs are met first and then offer milk on occassion as you have it.

Is there a reason that you're exclusively pumping now? When your son comfort nurses, do you feel that he is getting any milk for his efforts?

How much are you pumping now, and how much do you need to be pumping? What type of pump are you using?

I'm pumping 2.5-3.5 oz every 3-4hours. I use PIS by medela. DS does get milk when he comfort nurses. I've had to suppliment one bottle per day (usually the 4am bottle) formula. I'd like to be able to make enough for that bottle too. I need at least 4 more oz./day.
    Melissa
    Mommy to 3 babies
    Emily 8.11.05 My darling daughterEvan 6.28.07 the baddest, sweetest little guy I ever met
    Eliot 6.1.2010 coming soon and soon to be again!

I did not give you the gift of life, God gave me the gift of you.