Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Licky Lick forgot how to latch or mums boob is icky tasting

Default Licky Lick forgot how to latch or mums boob is icky tasting

has this happened to anybody before

we have had a bumpy road with bf. but we are exclusive now and the lo hasn't had a bottle in weeks. she will only eat lying down however. My question is she was licking my nipple today and couldn't get a good latch and became very frustrated and yep you guessed it refused to eat for much of the day until finally she sucked away for a whole 15 minutes which is pretty long for us. Is it still nipple confusion or maybe my milk tasted bad...any ideas....ugggggggggggggggggggggggg
    My little May baby just turned THE BIG ONE!
    Formally known as kaykate23

Default Re: Licky Lick forgot how to latch or mums boob is icky tasting

maybe she just was having an off day. We went thru this stage when Owen was about 3 months old, where he would be hungry, but would fuss at the boob. I could trick him with the pacifier, let him suck on that for a sec, pull it out and stick the nip in and he would be fine. We called it the bait and switch.

Anxiety on your part leads to tension on hers, so don't anticipate a problem tomorrow, or you might get one. Easier said than done, right?

Sometimes a changes of scenery helps, and I know you said that you nurse in the side-lying position(that is my fave too), but if she still is having problems, giver her some variety and maybe that will help!

Hang in there