Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 2 questions!!!

Default 2 questions!!!

does anyone know how to or have had success with a homemade rice cereal recipe??

has anyone skipped rice and went stright for veggie or fruit???

Default Re: 2 questions!!!

Well, I don't know how to make homemade rice cereal, but I did go straight to the fruit, mashed banana was his first and still his favorite, but it isn't mashed anymore. I just didn't want to be dealing with the cereal, I didn't want to mix it with formula or water and I didn't feel like pumping milk; but I did try them and he wasn't to crazy about it. My two favorite fruit for the baby are bananas and ripe pear, they're very soft for baby and more nutritious than cereal!

I started my kids on table foods at about 9-12 months depending on the kid.
    We started with just good old oatmeal. or cold cereal. Like o's or kix's something that didn't have alot of added sugar. That they could pick up on their own.
    I'm not a big spoon feeder!

I think you can just cook the rice and then use the blender to sort of mash it if you need it to be smaller.
    good luck

blend raw brown rice for 2 mins. when cooking - add 1 cup water to 1/4 cup rice crumbs. cook for 10 mins

This is what I did for dd1, since then I just skipped pureed food altogether and started with mashed banana or avacado.

Mom to - 6 yrs, 4 yrs, and twins 3 years

Check out my Work at Home Job Here

More and more parents are skipping rice cereal (which can be constipating) and starting off with fruit, or a vegetable such as sweet potato. The texture of sweet potato makes it a great first food - plus it can be baked in its skin, then mashed with a fork, so it's very easy to prepare.

Thanks for the website!

you can also use Cream of Rice adult cereal after a certain age (6mo, I think), but I'd rather use brown rice if I get time. I may end up blending with fruit instead of pumping ebm..