Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nipple Cream Suggestions

Default Re: Nipple Cream Suggestions

Quote:
    May I ask why you're using these? These should only be used if you're having certain problems.
    I use it because it was suggested by my LC for soreness and damage (my LO had a poor latch from tongue tie). I guess I should have mentioned that in my first post.
    Ah okay I just want it to be clear that neosporin and hydrocortisone should only be used on the nipple at the advice of a physician or other breastfeeding professional.

Hugs
    Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!

Default Re: Nipple Cream Suggestions

I think once your nursing, you'll be glad to have a nipple cream that removes any discomfort and you wont care what it is as long as it's safe for you and baby. I think lasinoh works the best. It really only hurts for a couple weeks, so you should only need one tube. The nursing pads that already have it on them are a great help in the first couple weeks,too! Good luck, you can do it!!