Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insane hunger and dizziness

Talking Re: Insane hunger and dizziness

i am SO HAPPY that my cycle has yet to return!
    Jean
    proud mama to ds, born 8/3/06, 11 lbs 14 oz, 24", now 35 lbs, 35", self-weaned at 20 months
    expecting baby boy #2 on 7/21/08, hoping for a VBAC

Default Re: Insane hunger and dizziness

Wow, that's so interesting and appropriate. Thanks mommies! Our lo is 1yr and I was just saying to my husband today that I'm crampy and grouchy (well, actually he pointed out that one ) and wondering if I was pregnant...until he pointed out that we'd actually have to have sex to conceive... Maybe I'm about to have my first post-baby period. So, does the sex drive return with reduced bf too?!

My sex drive returned with the return of my period, even though we were still nursing A LOT. For me it more to do with hormones involved with regular cycles, which seemed to start even though there was no change in nursing patterns. For others, regular cycles don't start until BFing slows down more.

Wink Re: Insane hunger and dizziness

my sex drive hasn't increased with the decrease in BFing-- at least not enough for me to notice! then again, i really only dropped two or three feedings a day. we're still pretty much BFing on demand.
    Jean
    proud mama to ds, born 8/3/06, 11 lbs 14 oz, 24", now 35 lbs, 35", self-weaned at 20 months
    expecting baby boy #2 on 7/21/08, hoping for a VBAC

I have been starving lately and exhausted! DS is 16 mos and shows no signs of giving up his "dinners" in favor of food! I think I eat all the time. Peanut butter as strange as it sounds seems to be one of the few things that helps me with the dizzy feeling...Good Luck!